IP-Config is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
IP-Config may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 10 May 2012.
What we collect
As with all websites, for operational and security purposes all page requests are logged by our web server.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We will not transfer, disclose, sell, distribute or lease your Personal Information to any third parties not affiliated to IP-Config, other than in the following circumstances:
- We have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- We may disclose Personal Information to our agents and contractors in order to provide services to you.
- We may transfer Personal Information if we re-organise our business or sell part of our business.
How to get copies of or amend the information we have collected
You may request details of Personal Information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to our Data Protection Compliance Officer at IP-Config Limited, Highland House, Mayflower Close, Chandler’s Ford, Hampshire, SO53 4AR.
If you believe any information we have about you is incorrect, please contact us so we can promptly make any corrections.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to IP-Config Limited, Highland House, Mayflower Close, Chandler’s Ford, Hampshire, SO53 4AR or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. This includes information security technology such as firewalls, anti-virus software and password access protection controls.
As of 26th May 2011, we are required under EU law to tell you what cookies and other local shared objects this site sets:
|PHPSESSID||First-Party: IP-Config||A session cookie. It is stored in temporary memory and is not retained after the browser is closed. Session cookies do not collect information from the user’s computer. They typically store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify the user.|
|__cfduid||Third-Party: CloudFlare||In order to protect our website from security threats such as hackers, and to boost performance, we route our DNS through CloudFlare. The “__cfduid” cookie is set by the CloudFlare service.|
|Third-Party: Google Analytics||Anonymous cookies that monitor how the site is used by visitors. Used by us to analyse usage and improve the site. Includes number of visits to the site, where a visitor has come from and what pages are visited. You can opt out of Google Analytics here.|
The above information is subject to constant review and is liable to change.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
When you visit our site we may automatically log your IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device. We will not use your IP address to identify you in any way. However, any activity we deem to be harmful to this website which can be attributed to a particular IP address may result in that IP address or range of IP addresses being disallowed further access to this website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.